The first volunteer fire company in Elmira was created in 1830. Over the next 30 years, half a dozen more companies were organized and each company established their own fire houses. In 1867, the city built a new, large fire station on Market Street. The station housed Torrent Fire Company No.1 and Fire Company No. 2, known as Neptune Company. When the city created a professional fire department in 1878, the station became its headquarters.
|Elmira Volunteer Fire Station on Market Street, c. 1870s|
|Central Fire Station, c. 1911|
|Elmira Fire Headquarters, April 2019|
|Station No. 2, c. 1910|
|Station No. 3, c. 1900|
|New Station No. 3, April 2019|
|Station No. 4, March 1897|